This is my space, my place for expression. For now, the topics are random. Like all things, it'll evolve over time. Care to walk along the path with me?
Reblogged from flockofseagulzzz
Back To The Future, Irina Werning
Compelled by the qualities and narrative-charged nature of vintage images, buenos aires-based photographer Irina Werning has started a series of portraits fittingly titled, Back To The Future.
Largely consisting of diptychs, the project has subjects reenact a childhood photograph from their past in their current image today. The result is a surreal, time-traveling carbon copy that manages to capture a sense of the subject’s biography.
Alarmingly detailed in props, image quality, colour balance and expressions,the haunting portraits are at once nostalgic and charming, illustrating that – even with
the inevitable effects of time – we are who we are; people change, but they don’t change.
- Disneyland Paris (1992 & 2012)
- Johanes, Hamburg (1994 & 2011)
- Zurbano Family, Buenos Aires (1999 & 2011)
- My Parents, Buenos Aires (1970 & 2010)
- Orna & sister, Tel Aviv (1989 & 2012)
- Katarzyna & Ewa, Wroclaw, Poland (1973 & 2013)
- Riff Raff, London (1976 & 2011)
- Devoto, Buenos Aires (1990 & 2011)
- Marina, Buenos Aires (1988 & 2010)
- Alica, Slovakia (1989 & 2012)
Reblogged from mirahatr20
a friendly tip: if you feel the urge to self harm get an ice cube and hold it in your hand for a while. it relieves the compulsion in a less destructive way. therapists have used this with their patients and i have tried it myself it works pretty well
Okay wow this is now my favourite post on Tumblr. Signal boost into infinity.
My mom’s a therapist and she recommends this to people all the time
Reblogged from castielpotter